|Rulide (Roxithromycin) 150 mg x $0.54 x 360 Pills ||$194.86 || Buy Now |
|Rulide (Roxithromycin) 150 mg x $0.63 x 180 Pills ||$113.89 || Buy Now |
|Rulide (Roxithromycin) 150 mg x $0.70 x 120 Pills ||$84.13 || Buy Now |
|Rulide (Roxithromycin) 150 mg x $0.75 x 90 Pills ||$67.72 || Buy Now |
|Rulide (Roxithromycin) 150 mg x $0.80 x 60 Pills ||$47.71 || Buy Now |
|Rulide (Roxithromycin) 150 mg x $0.87 x 30 Pills ||$26.16 || Buy Now |
Result Pages: 1
Displaying 1 to 6 (of 6 products)
Rulide(Roxithromycin) - Medical Facts You Should Know About This Antibiotic
Rulide is semi synthetic, anti-bacterial, antibiotic that belongs to a group of medicines called macrolides. Rulide is the brand name under which is it sold and Roxithromycin is its generic name. It is used for treating mild to moderate ear, nose, throat, respiratory tract, skin, genito-urinary tract infections. It also treats acute pharyngitis, tonsillitis, sinusitis, acute bronchitis, pneumonia, skin and soft tissue infections to name a few.
Rulide is also available under brand names such as Xthrocin, Tirabicin, Coroxin, Biaxsig, Roxo etc. The drug is currently undergoing clinical trials for the treatment of male-pattern hair loss. The tablets need to be stored in a cool (25 C degrees) and dry place, away from light.
How Is Rulide Used
Do not take this drug without consulting the doctor. Take the tablets orally along with a glass of water. It has to be taken once in every 12 hours before the meals. Rulide works best when it is taken on an empty stomach.
The course prescribed usually requires that it is taken for 5 to 10 days. However, this may differ from person to person. The dosage and period of treatment is best ascertained and prescribed by your doctor.
Any excess is eliminated in the body from feces, urine and from the lungs.
What Precautions Are Needed For Rulide
• Patients with impaired liver function need to exercise caution when using this drug; a daily dose of only 150 mg may be administered.
• Be aware that Rulide may increase the absorption of digoxin resulting in the cardiac glycoside toxicity.
• Rulide should not be taken if the patient is taking migraine/ headache medication.
• Rulide is not recommended for use during pregnancy. It may pass into breast milk and may harm baby while breastfeeding.
• Some medicines like disopyramide, warfarin, pimozide etc. when taken in combination with Rulide may have adverse side effects and hence should be avoided.
• Alcohol may interfere with the activity of Rulide. Hence, it is advisable to avoid it.
What Are The Side-Effects Of Rulide?
The following side effects may occur:
• gastro intestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, gastric pain, severe persistent diarrhea
• hyper sensitivity (urticaria, rash)
• difficulty in swallowing
• breathing disorders
Another side effect that might occur is white mouth or white tongue also known as oral thrush. There are also chances of vaginal thrush to occur that is vaginal itching or discharge. Since vaginal itching is a fungal infection, treatment with Rulide will not work.