What is Diflucan (Fluconazole)?
The curative drug for antifungal infections, named as diflucan was approved by FDA and manufactured by Pfizer in 1993. The drug is prepared to treat the fungal infections caused by yeast and fungus, species of fungi named as Candida or cyptococcus.
Diflucan is also called a triazole antifungal drug. The drug is prescribed when the fungus attacks on our body area included lungs, mouth, esophagus or vaginal area. if the patient undergone from any bone marrow surgery or AIDS and has a very low immune system, diflucan is also for them.
How should I take Diflucan (Fluconazole)?
Diflucan comes in various formulas like tablet, oral suspension and sterile solution (injection). The dosage of the drug is prescribed by the doctor only. For the vaginal infections, you may require to take only one pill per day. during the pregnancy also, one has to take the drug carefully after doctor’s recommendation. For other fungal contaminations double dose may require. Oral suspensions must be taken with measuring cup so that you get the best results of the drug and on time.
Diflucan is taken only for antifungal contaminations. The drug is not for viral infections.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Always take the diflucan as recommended by your doctor, and in any case you missed one dosage, take it as soon as you remember it. Try to avoid overdosage as it may cause harmful effects on you.
What are the dosage forms and strengths of Diflucan (Fluconazole)?
Diflucan is an antifungal drug used to treat the contagions produced by yeast and fungus. This medicinal drug comes in three forms tablets, oral suspension and injection.
The dosage of tablet is Tablets come in 50mg, 100mg, 150mg, 200 mg and 400 mg dosage. For vaginal infection 150mg is taken one per day or as prescribed by your health care provider.
Should I use Diflucan (Fluconazole) with food or without food?
Diflucan (Fluconazole) could intake with food or without food. For the liquid suspension please follow the instructions carefully. Tremor the liquid drug well and follow the quantity by the measuring cup provided with the medicine.
Always take the diflucan tablet with full glass of water
What are the side effects of Diflucan (Fluconazole)?
Diflucan is a therapeutic drug for antifungal infections, but sometimes it may leave some side effects such as
Rashes on hands, feets and other body parts
Feverish feeling, dizziness
Few rarest side effects are Dark-urine, hair loss, seizure problems, weakness, itching, loss of appetite etc.
What are the precautions should be kept in mind before taking Diflucan (Fluconazole)?
• Avoid diflucan if you are allergic to antifungal drugs
• Take the drug as prescribed
• Few treatmentsshould be sidestepped that may interact with diflucan such as antidepressant drugs, vitamins, narcotic medicines, over the counter drugs, cancer medicines, herbal medicines, halofantrine, tuberculosis drugs, diabetes medicine, etc.
• If you have liver problem, past history of heart disorder, Long QT syndrome, kidney problem etc., you must consult your physician about the situation
• During the period of pregnancy, diflucan should be taken once per day or it may harm anunborn baby.
• Keep the drug at room temperature. For the oral suspension, do not freeze it. Store it in a cool place.
• During the treatment of diflucan, they might be some restrictions on food and beverages
• Diflucan might effect on your impair system, avoid driving after taking the drug dosage.
Diflucan is easily available online with or without prescription. So buy it today and get the fastest delivery at your doorstep.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.