Sporanox (Itraconazole) – Medical Facts About You Should Know About This Antifungal Medication
Itraconazole is the antifungal agent, which is prescribed to the patients suffering from any kind of fungal infection, which can affect mouth, throat, lungs and nails. This drug was first manufactured in the year 1984. And, it is approved by FDA for the treatment of the fungal infections.
This medication works against the fungal infections like Blastomycosis, Aspergilosis, Candidiasis and Histoplasmosis. This should be protect from direct contact with light and can be stored at room temperature.
How To Use The Drug?
This drug is normally recommended to be taken once or twice in the day. The amount of the medication may vary from 200 mg to 400mg, as per the condition of the patient. This drug should be taken after full meal, as it amplifies he absorption o the medicine by the body. In all the infections only capsules are recommended except in Candidiasis, in which liquid form of the drug is used for the treatment.
• The patients suffering from heart diseases like ventricular dysfunction or congestive heart failure, as the intake of this medication can worsen the condition.
• This medication is not recommended for the patients suffering from liver, kidney or lung diseases.
• The patients of high blood pressure should not intake Itraconazole.
• This drug causes dizziness, thus driving, using machineries and any other activities that require concentration are not to be done.
• Alcoholic beverages must be avoided during the treatment, as it can increase the probability of liver infection.
• During the period of pregnancy this medication is not recommended, as it can harm the unborn. The lactating mother should also avoid Itraconazole, as it passes in the breast milk
Itraconazole must not be taken with few other drugs such as:
The interaction of these drugs can cause serious heart beat problems. This medication is also not recommended with lovastatin, nisoldipine, triazolam, simvastatin or ergot alkaloids. These may cause severe side effects to the patients. Patient should also consult a doctor before taking Itraconazole, if they are already taking any of these medications.
5 benefits of Itraconazole
1. It can be given to both HIV positive and HIV negative patients.
2. It can also be recommended for curing a wide array of fungal diseases.
3. This medication can also be given to the patients suffering from the problem of low white blood cells.
4. It is an FDA approved drug.
5. It is easily available both online and offline.
6. It is highly cost effective.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.