Biaxin (Claithromycin) - Medical Facts You Should Know About This Antibiotic
Biaxin is an antibiotic that belongs to the macrolide family. It is used for the treatment of pharyngitis, tonsillitis, pneumonia, acute maxillary sinusitis, bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis and skin infections.
Biaxin is sold under several brand names. For example: Bioclar,Resclar, Vikrol,Klaram,Truclar, Claritt, Crixan, Infex, Clacee,Ranbaxy and many others. It is generically known as Clarithromycin.
Biaxin was discovered by a Japanese drug company named Taisho Pharmaceuticals somewhere around 1970s.It was approved by FDA in the year 1991.
It works either by stopping the growth of bacteria or directly by killing them. You need to store the medicine away from heat and moisture.
How To Use Biaxin.?
It is always advisable to take Biaxin under medical supervision since the duration and the dosage amount of medication depends upon the type of infection. The medication course can vary from 7 to 14 days. Biaxin can be taken at any time of the day. Please see to it that you take it at the same time, everyday for better results.
The dosage is usually 2 tablets (250 mg to 500 mg) per day for adults. For children, it is 2 tablets per day but at the same time weight plays a vital role in determining the dosage. The medicine may be taken with or without meals.
Biaxin is available in two forms: regular tablets and oral suspension/liquid. The tablet needs to be swallowed whole with a glass of water. The oral suspension should be well shaken and measured accurately using the measuring cup that is sold with it.
What Precautions are needed for Biaxin?
• Consult your doctor before taking the medication if you are suffering from kidney or liver diseases.
• Biaxin should not be used during pregnancy, especially during the 1st three months. It can cause harm to the growing baby.
• Biaxin can pass to the baby through breastfeeding.
• Inform your doctor if you are suffering from any allergies.
• Never use this drug with HIV medications. There are chances of adverse effects.
• Do not skip the doses as it may prolong the medication period.
• Always follow the diet pattern as instructed by the doctor.
What are benefits of Biaxin?
• Besides helping with the infections, Biaxin also greatly enhances pleasure during sexual intercourse.
• Biaxin is very effective in treating a wide variety of bacterial infections.
• This medication can also be used in combination with anti-ulcer medications to treat certain types of stomach ulcers.
• This is a safe medication, with the least of side effects.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.