Floxin (Ofloxacin) - Medical Facts You Should Know About This Antibiotic
Floxin is an antibiotic of the fluoroquinolone class. Floxin is its brand name and it is generically known as ofloxacin. It is used for treatment of bacterial infections such as bronchitis, pneumonia, urinary tract infections, skin infection, gonorrhea and infections in prostrate to name a few. Floxin should be stored at room temperature, away from sunlight and moisture.
How to take Floxin?
First and foremost, Floxin should be taken under medical supervision. It should be taken with a glass of water, as prescribed by the doctor. It is advisable to drink plenty of water throughout the treatment to avoid formation of crystals in urinary tract.
It can be taken with or without food but it is important that it is taken at the same time of the day. Also, the antibiotic course should be completed and not left in the middle. There can be situations where in the symptoms have improved but the infection is not completely cured.
What Precautions need to be taken?
• Firstly, it is always important to inform the doctor about any other medications used. This would prevent complications and side effects.
• There are some medications (antacids, vitamin or mineral supplements etc.) which may make Floxin less effective when taken together. Hence, you should avoid taking these types of drugs 2 hours before and after the Floxin is taken.
• Be aware that Floxin can make you prone to sunburn. Hence, it is advisable to stay away from sunlight while you are on the medication. In case you develop signs of redness, itching, swelling, consulting a doctor is mandatory.
• Floxin can cause diarrhea. If you experience watery or bloody stools, you may need to stop taking the medication.
• In some cases Floxin can impair the thinking process.
• Floxin can pass into the breast milk and may be harmful for the unborn baby. Hence, its use should be avoided before and after pregnancy.
Are There Any Side Effects?
You may experience side effects if the right precautions are not taken:
• It is highly recommended that you immediately consult your doctor if you experience any of the following symptoms - difficulty in breathing, swelling of face, lips, tongue and throat.
• In case you develop more serious side effects such as diarrhea, convulsions, confusions, dizziness, fever, pale skin, mild skin itching, vaginal itching, swollen glands, numbness, stiffness or loss of movements in joints and urinary disorders the medication should be completely stopped.
• Be aware that overdose of Floxin may cause drowsiness, nausea and slurred speech among others.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.