Maxaquin- Medical Facts You Should Know About This Anti-Bacterial Drug
What is Maxaquin?
The generic name of the drug Maxaquin is Lomefloxacin. The drug is an antibiotic belonging to the family of the medicines called fluoroquinolones.
The drug is very helpful in fighting the bacteria in the body. The drug is also used for the treatment of bacterial infections in urinary tract and bronchitis.
It works in such a way that inhibits the multiplication of bacteria. This is achieved by regulating the production of the protein which the bacteria use for its survival and reproduction.
It is available in the form of tablets and eye drops. The tablets are available in dosage of 400 mg.
How to use the drug?
The dosage of Maxaquin depends on the medical condition that is to be treated. However you can take it once daily with a glass of water before or after food. The duration of the treatment depends on your response to the treatment.
It is necessary to wash your hands before using eye drops. The dose generally referred is 1-2 drops of the ophthalmic solution of Maxaquin in the affected area for up to 3 times a day. After putting the ophthalmic solution close your eyes and press it gently for some time. This will prevent the liquid from draining into your tear duct.
Do not double dose yourself with the drug to make up for a missed dose. In case of any doubt you should consult your medical expert.
Any special precautions/ contraindications
You should keep certain things in mind before taking Maxaquin.
• You should avoid prolonged exposure to the sunlight during medication of the drug.
• If you have a medical history of blood vessel problems, liver disease, nerve disorder, tendon problem, kidney problem or epilepsy then you should take the drug under the advice of a medical expert.
• If you have low level of potassium in your body then avoid the drug.
• Do not take the drug if you are allergic to it. Therefore it is advisable to inform your doctor about your allergies before starting the drug.
• Use the ophthalmic solution around 3-6 hours before surgery to avoid any kind of infection.
• Store the drug away from direct sunlight and moisture to avoid reaction.
• Not to be taken by pregnant women and lactating mothers.
5 Top Benefits Of This Product
Maxaquin is a very popular anti-bacterial drug. It is highly recommended by doctors because it is very effective and safe. The important benefits of the drug are:
• The drug is highly effective in treating all types of bacterial infections all over body.
• It eliminates quickly bacterial infections of the lower respiratory tract.
• It is also highly effective in treating infections of the urinary tract.
• This drug cures bacterial eye infections including pink eye and conjunctivitis.
• Maxaquin is recommended for treatment of chronic bronchitis because it offers lest side effects while it controls the infection very effectively.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.