|Vantin (Cefpodoxime) 100 mg x $1.62 x 360 Pills ||$581.40 || Buy Now |
|Vantin (Cefpodoxime) 100 mg x $1.63 x 180 Pills ||$294.12 || Buy Now |
|Vantin (Cefpodoxime) 100 mg x $1.65 x 120 Pills ||$198.36 || Buy Now |
|Vantin (Cefpodoxime) 100 mg x $1.71 x 90 Pills ||$154.00 || Buy Now |
|Vantin (Cefpodoxime) 100 mg x $1.75 x 60 Pills ||$105.17 || Buy Now |
|Vantin (Cefpodoxime) 100 mg x $2.15 x 30 Pills ||$64.38 || Buy Now |
|Vantin (Cefpodoxime) 200 mg x $1.73 x 360 Pills ||$622.44 || Buy Now |
|Vantin (Cefpodoxime) 200 mg x $1.77 x 180 Pills ||$318.57 || Buy Now |
|Vantin (Cefpodoxime) 200 mg x $1.80 x 120 Pills ||$216.49 || Buy Now |
|Vantin (Cefpodoxime) 200 mg x $1.97 x 90 Pills ||$176.99 || Buy Now |
|Vantin (Cefpodoxime) 200 mg x $2.25 x 60 Pills ||$134.92 || Buy Now |
|Vantin (Cefpodoxime) 200 mg x $2.95 x 30 Pills ||$88.49 || Buy Now |
Result Pages: 1
Displaying 1 to 12 (of 12 products)
VANTIN (Cefpodoximeproxetil)-Medical Facts You Need To Know About This Drug
What is Vantin?
Vantin (Cefpodoximeproxetil) is an antibiotic of the Cephalosporin class. The generic name of Vantin is Cefpodoximeproxetil. Vantin is an FDA approved drug marketed by Torrent Pharmaceuticals. This drug is used for treating many types of infections by fighting bacteria in our body. Vantin is recommended for treating the following conditions:
1) RTI (Respiratory tract infections) such as
pharyngitis (inflammation of the pharynx),
tonsilitis (inflammation of the tonsil
Otitismedia (inflammations of the mid ear)
Acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis)
2) Uncomplicated UTI (Urinary tract infection)
3) Community acquired Pneumonia.
4) Uncomplicated SSTI (skin and soft tissue infections).
Vantin is available in the market in tablets and oral suspension form. The tablets contain cepfodoxime proxetil 100mg and 200mg respectively and each 5ml of Vantin oral suspension contain 50mg or 100mg of cepfodoxime.
How To Use The Drug?
• Vantin should be taken with meals.
• The oral suspension can be administered in empty stomach.
• In pharyngitis and tonsillitis recommended (adult) dose is 100 mg twice a day for 5 to 10 days.
• In community acquired Pneumonia the recommended adult dose is 200mg twice a day for 14 days.
• In acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis the recommended adult dose is 200mg twice a day for 10 days.
• In sinusitis 200mg is recommended twice a day for 10 days.
• In uncomplicated SSTI the recommended dose for adults is 400 mg twice a day 7 to 14 days.
• In uncomplicated UTI the recommended adult dose is 100 mg 5 to 7 days.
• In RTI the recommended pediatric dose is 5ml for 5 to 10 days.
Precautions And Contraindications Regarding Vantin
• Vantin should not to be taken in patients allergic to cefpodoxime and only other antibiotics of the cephalosporin class such as cefuroxime, cefixime, cefaclor, cefadroxil, cefdinil, cefazonel, Cefdiforen, cephalaxem etc.
• Cefpodoxime influences urine tests hence, you need to inform your physician before going for tests.
• If you have any type of kidney, liver dysfunction or any type of intestinal problems consult your doctor prior to taking Vantin.
• The drug is safe and can be used during pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
5 Top Benefits of Vantin
1) This is one of the best antibiotics in its class, with minimal side effects.
2) Can be used during pregnancy without any worry.
3) Vantin can be used by all age groups from infants to senior people.
4) Economical pricing brings it within reach of majority people.
5) This is an antibiotic that offers the least side effects.