Motrin (Ibuprofen) - Medical Facts You Need To Know About This Drug
What Is Motrin?
Motrin is an NSAID (non steroidal anti-inflammatory) drug whose generic name is Ibuprofen. It is used for reducing pain by interfering in the production of hormones that cause pain and inflammation in the body. This drug is used to treat many conditions that cause pain such as: minor injury, menstrual cramps, arthritis, mild to moderate pain, headache, back pain, toothache and migraine among others.
Motrin, which has been approved by FDA approved in 1974 has excellent analgesic anti-inflammatory and anti-platelet properties and is much more effective than aspirin in containing pain. Since it is available without prescription it can be taken anytime for intermediary relief.
How To Use The Drug?
The drug can be safely used by children (6 months and above) adults and senior people alike. Ibuprofen is available in many dosages, such as:
(i) 100mg and 5ml Ibuprofen suspension;
(ii) Motrin (Ibuprofen) IB (200mg Ibuprofen tablets);
(iii) infants drops (50mg/ 1.25 ml Ibuprofen oral suspension)
(iv) junior strength (100mg Ibuprofen chewable tablets)
The daily dosage for this drug should not exceed 3200mg; it should always be taken after food.
For mild to moderate pain/ fever the dosage of the drug is 400mg every 4-6 hours until the pain/ fever is alleviated. For arthritis the recommended dosage is 1200 mg to 3200 mg daily. Depending upon the condition of patient the drug may be administered in dosages of 300 mg/ 400 mg/ 600 mg/ 800 mg 3-4 times a day. For primary dysmenorrheal (menstrual pain/cramps) the recommended dosage is 400mg every 4-6 hours until the pain reduces.
Any Special Precautions/Contraindications
• Overall Motrin (Ibuprofen) is a safe drug if not used on long term.
• The drug should not be used in the last semester of pregnancy as it may harm the fetus.
• Women breastfeeding need to consult the doctor before taking this medication since it is known that it passes through milk.
• Inform your physician if you have a medical history of any cardiovascular disorders.
• The drug is contraindicated for all those who have kidney and liver problems.
6 Top Benefits Of Motrin
1. This is an extremely effective drug for controlling pain, fever, headaches, inflammation, arthritis and primary dysmenorrheal.
2. It is approved by FDA since 1974 and trusted worldwide. You will be safe taking this drug.
3. This is non-addictive in nature.
4. It is economically priced and hence, can be bought any time you need.
5. Motrin (Ibuprofen) does not require a prescription and is easily available as an over-the-counter drug.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.