Duphaston- Medical Facts You Should Know About This Drug
What is Duphaston?
The active ingredient of the drug Duphaston is dydrogesterone. The active ingredient belongs to the family of orally active progestogen. It is used for the treatment of carcinogenesis and endometrium hyperplasia caused by estrogen. It protects the uterus from the harmful effect of estrogen.
It takes around two and a half hour for the drug to be absorbed by the body. It is available in the form of tablets of 10 mg. Abbott is the name of the company, which is marketing this drug. The drug is also used to produce synthetic progesterone (sex hormone) in women performing similar functions.
How to use the drug?
Duphaston can be taken once or twice daily with a glass of water. You can take it before or after food. The precise dosage of the drug depends on the medical condition for which you are treated.You should take the dosage according to the instructions of your doctor.
You should not take a double dose of the drug to make up for a missed dose. Instead you should continue with your regular dosing schedule of the drug.The shelf life of the drug is around 5 years.
You should not extend or reduce the duration of the medication without consulting your doctor. Store the drug away from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
Any special precautions/ contraindications
There are certain things you should keep in mind before starting Duphaston:
• You should not use the drug if you are allergic to it. Inform your doctor about your allergies before starting the drug.
• Do not start the drug without consulting your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive.
• Avoid the drug if you have a medical history of liver disease, endometrial carcinoma or carcinoma of the breast.
• You should take the advice of a medical expert before starting the drug if you have a history of stroke or thrombosis.
• If you have symptoms of genital bleeding abnormally, you should not use the drug.
• Keep the drug in the blister pack after use.
5 Top Benefits Of This Product
Duphaston is used for the treatment of a variety of menstrual disorders resulting due to lack of progesterone. It treats irregular conditions of menstrual cycle in women. The drug is very helpful in treating abnormal growth of endometrial tissue. The various benefits of the drug are:
• The drug is highly effective when used for the treatment of endometriosis.
• It is also very effective in hormone replacement therapy whereby reduces significantly the symptoms of menopause.
• It is recommended by doctors for transgender therapy facilitating the feminization process.
• It helps in the development of sexual characteristics in females like development of breast.
• It is also highly effective in the treatment of infertility and amenorrhea in women.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.