|Plavix (Clopidogrel) 75 mg x $0.77 x 360 Pills ||$277.00 || Buy Now |
|Plavix (Clopidogrel) 75 mg x $0.81 x 180 Pills ||$146.19 || Buy Now |
|Plavix (Clopidogrel) 75 mg x $0.85 x 120 Pills ||$102.58 || Buy Now |
|Plavix (Clopidogrel) 75 mg x $0.91 x 90 Pills ||$82.06 || Buy Now |
|Plavix (Clopidogrel) 75 mg x $0.98 x 60 Pills ||$58.98 || Buy Now |
|Plavix (Clopidogrel) 75 mg x $1.08 x 30 Pills ||$32.32 || Buy Now |
Result Pages: 1
Displaying 1 to 6 (of 6 products)
Plavix (Clopidogrel) – Medical Facts You Should Know About This Drug
Clopidogrel is an anti-platelet agent. It is used for the treatment of cerebrovascular disease, coronary artery and peripheral vascular disease.
Sanofi and Bristol-Myers Squibb share the credit of bringing this drug into the world market. It is sold under various brand names like Blothin, Cidogrel, Grelet, Deplatt, Plagril, Nugrel and many more.
Sometimes due to some malfunctioning of the circulatory system, blood clots are formed within blood vessels. This clot formation restricts the flow of blood and leads to heart attacks. Plavix prevents such clotting of blood and thus minimizes the risks of heart attacks and other heart related problems.
How to use Plavix?
Use Plavix strictly as per your doctor’s advice and/ or the directions on the label. Take the medicine orally with a glass of water. It can be taken with or without meals.
People suffering from non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndrome should take the first dose of 300 mg and from next dose onwards 75 mg should be continued. Aspirin tablets can also be taken along with this medication.
A recommended dose of 75 mg should be given to patients suffering from STEMI.
It should be taken once everyday, most preferably at the same time. This ensures even drug level in the blood. Do not take extra medication in order to make up the missed ones.
Do not stop the dosage without consulting your doctor. If you do so, the risk of a heart attack or stroke increases.
Plavix should be stored at temperatures between 15 to 30 degrees C. Ensure that it is placed away from moisture, heat and light in an airtight container.
What Precautions should be taken when using Plavix?
• Avoid using Plavix with proton pump inhibitors (PPIs). They affect the anti-platelet activity significantly.
• The medicine should not be taken before any surgery as it increases the risk of bleeding.
• Inform your doctor or dentist that you are on Plavix medication as it will reduce the chances of side effects due to the interaction with other medications.
• Avoid alcohol consumption. It interacts with the drug and causes serious side effects.
• Pregnant women must use the medicine only under medical supervision.
• Consult your doctor before using this medication if you are breastfeeding.
What are the benefits of Plavix?
• A great number of deaths caused due to heart attacks, strokes and cardiovascular problems have been reduced by the use of Plavix.
• This is a drug that is completely safe and almost free of any side effects.
• It is very effective - when combined with proton pump inhibitors - for treatment of gastric problems.
• It is easily available online and offline.
• It is low cost and hence, can be used without worrying too much about the budget for any recommended medical intervention.